Waunakee Neighborhood Connection, in collaboration with Waunakee Intermediate School, Piggly Wiggly, and the Waunakee community, is proud to offer our annual Christmas grocery delivery FREE to individuals and families who are in need and would appreciate some extra help this Christmas. The meal includes a ham, ingredients for side dishes, and a pie to serve 4-6 people.
If you are a student in grades 7-12 and have a heart and passion for serving in our community, we invite you to join Neighborhood Connection’s Student Team. The Student Team is a great way to get involved, connect with other students as you do fun and rewarding projects together, and both learn about and give back to our community.
If you have any questions about the student team or how you can get involved, please contact Stacey Dudley, our client and volunteer services manager, at email@example.com or (608)849-5740. She can provide you with the forms that you and your parent will need to complete prior to you participating in your first Student Team project.
Current Individual Volunteer Opportunities
Note: During COVID-19 Reopening Phases, current volunteers should click here to sign up for shifts.
- CRM/Data entry
- Building and grounds maintenance
- Cleaning – Sparkle team!
- Grant and donor research
- Event chairmen/committees
- Bowl-a-thon (April)
- Fall event TBD (Oct)
- Social media
- Special events (tabling, kids’ activities)
- Welcome desk (shifts available Mon/Wed/Fri between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm)
- Free store
- Adopt-a-Family (Nov/Dec)
- Vehicle donation
- English language group
- Donation drives
- Fill the bus (Aug/Sept)
- Coats & winter gear (Fall)
- Laundry soap & diapers (Fall)
- Lights & cords (Dec/Jan)
- Spring cleaning/Great Scrub Up (Mar/Apr)
- Fun in the Sun (May)
- Days of Service
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Jan)
- Global Youth Service Day (Apr)
- 9/11 Day of Service (September)
- Family Volunteer Day (November)
Group Volunteering Ideas
Neighborhood Connection knows that everyone enjoys helping others in our community, and it is often to do so with your club, sports team, co-workers, or group of friends. Take a look at the list below for some ideas on projects that community groups and individuals have done in the past to support Neighborhood Connection’s mission of serving our neighbors in need.
- Host a collection drive in your neighborhood, business, or classroom for items needed in our store on a regular basis such as toiletry items (toilet paper, deodorant, shampoo/conditioner, etc.), cleaning supplies (glass cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, all-purpose cleaner, etc.), laundry soap, diapers, etc.
- Make kits for monthly special items such as Birthday Bags, Fun in the Sun, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, etc.
- Collect and recycle aluminum cans from area work or lunchrooms, tailgating events, or from families in your neighborhood and donate the proceeds to Neighborhood Connection.
- Make fleece blankets, afghans, quilts, hats, or mittens as a group and donate what you make.
- Volunteer as a group to help with furniture donation pick-up/deliveries, yard work, or gardening at the community garden.
- Create cards to be given to clients on special holidays such as Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Thanksgiving, or Christmas to let them know your group cares.
- Sort, test, and package used school supplies to prepare for annual distribution.
If you have a new and creative idea on how to partner with or support Neighborhood Connection with your gifts, talents, generosity or time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to meet with you to discuss your ideas.