Individual Volunteer Opportunities
- Community Store
- Department coordinators (e.g., accessories, clothing)
- Sorting room
- Large item pick-up/delivery
- Holiday Wishes
- Fill the Bus
- Coat Drive
- Childcare at English Class
- English Group
- Donation drives
- Community Store
- Graphic design
- Special events (booths at various community events; posting flyers around town)
- Social media
- Grant and donor research
- Event committees
- Great Pumpkin Smash Dash (Oct)
- Various throughout the year
- Welcome Desk (reception)
- Translation (Spanish and English)
- Data entry
- Building and grounds maintenance
- Cleaning – Sparkle team!
Student Team- Coming Back in 2024!
If you are a student in grades 7-12 and have a heart and passion for serving in our community, we invite you to join Neighborhood Connection’s Student Team. The Student Team is a great way to get involved, connect with other students as you do fun and rewarding projects together, and both learn about and give back to our community.
We plan to bring this team back in 2024 once we get settled at our new location near the High School. In the meantime, students are also welcome to get trained on how to sort donations for the store or volunteer at our Welcome Desk and can sign up for shifts that fit their schedule.
Group Volunteering Ideas
Neighborhood Connection knows that everyone enjoys helping others in our community, and it is often to do so with your club, sports team, co-workers, or group of friends. Take a look at the list below for some ideas on projects that community groups and individuals have done in the past to support Neighborhood Connection’s mission of serving our neighbors in need.
- Host a collection drive in your neighborhood, business, or classroom for items needed in our store on a regular basis such as toiletry items (toilet paper, deodorant, shampoo/conditioner, etc.), cleaning supplies (glass cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, all-purpose cleaner, etc.), laundry soap, diapers, etc.
- Make kits for monthly special items such as Birthday Bags, Fun in the Sun, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, etc.
- Collect and recycle aluminum cans from area work or lunchrooms, tailgating events, or from families in your neighborhood and donate the proceeds to Neighborhood Connection.
- Make fleece blankets, afghans, quilts, hats, or mittens as a group and donate what you make.
- Volunteer as a group to help with furniture donation pick-up/deliveries, yard work, or gardening at the community garden.
- Create cards to be given to clients on special holidays such as Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Thanksgiving, or Christmas to let them know your group cares.
- Sort, test, and package used school supplies to prepare for annual distribution.
If you have a new and creative idea on how to partner with or support Neighborhood Connection with your gifts, talents, generosity or time, please contact us at email@example.com. We would love to meet with you to discuss your ideas.