Individual Volunteer Opportunities
- CRM/Data entry
- Building and grounds maintenance
- Cleaning – Sparkle team!
- Grant and donor research
- Event chairmen/committees
- Bowl-a-thon (April)
- Fun Run (Nov)
- Social media
- Special events (tabling, kids’ activities)
- Welcome Center (reception)
- Community Store
- Department coordinators (e.g., accessories, clothing)
- Sorting room
- Large item pick-up/delivery
- Holiday Wishes (formerly Adopt-a-Family)
- Neighbor to Neighbor program coordinator
- Vehicle donation coordinator
- English Group
- Donation drives
- Days of Service
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Jan)
- Global Youth Service Day (Apr)
- 9/11 Day of Service (September)
- Family Volunteer Day (November)
Current Student Team members who have completed all of their paperwork can sign up for Summer 2022 activities online!
If you are a student in grades 7-12 and have a heart and passion for serving in our community, we invite you to join Neighborhood Connection’s Student Team. The Student Team is a great way to get involved, connect with other students as you do fun and rewarding projects together, and both learn about and give back to our community.
The Student Team generally meets for a project the 4th Saturday morning of each month. We also have some special Student Team projects throughout the year that teens can sign up for. Students are also welcome to get trained on how to sort donations for the store and can sign up for shifts that fit their schedule.
To join the Team, visit our “Application and Orientation” page and follow the links to complete the online application, watch the volunteer orientation video, and print and sign three forms: confidentiality agreement, liability waiver (also requires parent signature), and volunteer handbook acknowledgement. You should bring the signed forms with you the first time that you come in for a project.
Once we receive your online application, a member of our staff will contact you to answer any questions you may have. We’ll also then add you to the Team email and text communications so that you start learning about projects and how to sign up for them.
Group Volunteering Ideas
Neighborhood Connection knows that everyone enjoys helping others in our community, and it is often to do so with your club, sports team, co-workers, or group of friends. Take a look at the list below for some ideas on projects that community groups and individuals have done in the past to support Neighborhood Connection’s mission of serving our neighbors in need.
- Host a collection drive in your neighborhood, business, or classroom for items needed in our store on a regular basis such as toiletry items (toilet paper, deodorant, shampoo/conditioner, etc.), cleaning supplies (glass cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, all-purpose cleaner, etc.), laundry soap, diapers, etc.
- Make kits for monthly special items such as Birthday Bags, Fun in the Sun, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, etc.
- Collect and recycle aluminum cans from area work or lunchrooms, tailgating events, or from families in your neighborhood and donate the proceeds to Neighborhood Connection.
- Make fleece blankets, afghans, quilts, hats, or mittens as a group and donate what you make.
- Volunteer as a group to help with furniture donation pick-up/deliveries, yard work, or gardening at the community garden.
- Create cards to be given to clients on special holidays such as Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Thanksgiving, or Christmas to let them know your group cares.
- Sort, test, and package used school supplies to prepare for annual distribution.
If you have a new and creative idea on how to partner with or support Neighborhood Connection with your gifts, talents, generosity or time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to meet with you to discuss your ideas.