Orientation and Application
At Neighborhood Connection, we strive to ensure that each volunteer is matched to and prepared for a volunteer opportunity that applies their skills and talents, engages their interests and passion, and fits their availability. To do this, we have a thorough and structured orientation and onboarding process.
During orientation, you will get valuable information about our history, mission, and goals; our programs and services; the level of need that exists in our community; and what can you expect from your volunteer experience.
Here are the steps to getting started:
- Explore our list of volunteer opportunities to see which might be of interest to you.
- Participate in the Volunteer Information and Orientation session either by watching the video on your own time (approximately 35 minutes) or registering to attend an upcoming live session. This program is designed to give you an overview of volunteering with Neighborhood Connection so that you can decide whether or not it is right for you. If you’d like, download the Volunteer Orientation Workbook to follow along and take notes in.
- Complete the online volunteer application.
- You’ll then hear from Stacey Dudley, our client and volunteer services manager, who will contact you to schedule an interview.
- Download and review the following documents:
Bring the completed signature page of each of these documents with you to the interview. If you are unable to print them at home, we can provide a hard copies for you.
During your interview with Stacey, you’ll select the volunteer assignment(s) in which you’d like to serve and arrange for any additional training that we’ll provide to make sure that you are prepared and successful in your role.