Waunakee Neighborhood Connection kicked off the annual Fill the Bus school supply drive on July 25th. The drive will last through Thursday, August 13th and will provide needed school supplies for students in the Waunakee School District whose families may have difficulty affording them.
New school supplies* can be dropped off in the Lamers school bus parked in the Waunakee Neighborhood Connection parking lot at 208 S Century Avenue.
Most needed supplies this year include:
• Backpacks for all ages… especially larger ones suitable for middle school and high school students
• Composition notebooks…wide lined, solid colors or marbled only, no designs please
• Pencil pouches… with 3 holes to fit in a binder
• Accordion folders
• Binder dividers… 8 tabs
• Crayons… 48 count
• Colored pencils… 12 count
• Set of colorful pens
• Erasers… basic, pink rectangular erasers, no pencil tops needed
Families needing school supplies should contact their child’s school to make arrangements to receive them.
For more ideas about needed supplies, visit the school supply lists on the school district’s website.
* We are collecting new school supplies only for this drive with the exception of calculators which may be gently used and in good working condition.