Dear Neighbors –
The health and safety of our clients, volunteers, and staff – and that of all our neighbors – is our top priority. Therefore, based on public health recommendations, Waunakee Neighborhood Connection will be changing our procedures until the state’s stay-at-home orders are lifted in order to do our part in slowing the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Here is a summary of the changes:
- We will suspend the acceptance of clothing and household good donations for our free store, though we will continue to serve clients with items that we have currently available. Should a need arise for something that we don’t have on hand, we’ll put the word out for specific donations.
- Staff and key volunteers will be working from home unless there is a situation that requires us to meet a client, volunteer, or donor at our building
If you need assistance
Whether or not you are a current client, if you have any question or need during this time, please reach out and let us know – even if you’d simply like someone to talk to. We know that the events of the past few weeks and the uncertainty of how this will continue to develop is stressful for everyone and we will continue to be here for the community.
How to contact us
- To leave a message on the office phone, call (608)849-5740. Staff members are checking messages remotely at least hourly Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM-5:00 PM.
· To reach us quickly with an urgent need or question, call (608)535-9357. This a temporary direct line that we have set up that one of us will answer. You may get voicemail on this line if we are taking another call at the time, so leave a message and we will get back to you.
· Email us with less urgent needs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facilitating community volunteerism
We will continue to facilitate community volunteerism with neighbors helping neighbors. If you are willing to be called upon to help, please learn more about this effort and register at https://conta.cc/2vZlasi.
Over the coming weeks and months, we anticipate that our programs will adjust and shift to meet the community’s most urgent needs. This will likely result in unplanned expenses, both for our operations and to assist our clients directly. Donations to either of the following funds will make a tremendous positive difference in supporting your most vulnerable neighbors:
· PULSE Fund – Supports the operation of our store, client programs, and case management
· Neighbor-to-Neighbor Fund – Provides direct financial assistance to clients experiencing a short-term hardship
Donations to these funds can be made at https://app.etapestry.com/onlineforms/WaunakeeNeighborhoodConnectio/donate.html